Hiring a realtor for the critical job of selling your home is a really key decision. Get it wrong and there could be some serious consequences, in terms of a home remaining unsold for longer than you would like and/or not achieving its optimum price in whatever current market conditions happen to be.
It would be very accurate to say that not all realtors are operating in an equal way. Not by a long measure.
Your search for the right realtor for you will be considerably enhanced if you know exactly what you should be expecting your realtor to do for you.
At the very least, a professional retailer must: -
- Demonstrate absolute integrity.
- Educate you about the current conditions of the market.
- Analyze what you want and what you need in your next home.
- Co-ordinate the work of other needed professionals throughout the process.
- Guide you to homes that fit your criteria and budget.
- Negotiate on your behalf to get you the best deal possible.
- Check and double-check paperwork and deadlines.
- Inform and discuss with you, and suggest solutions to solve any problems that may arise.
Going on from there you should also expect the following: -
- In-depth expertise in and experience of the local market.
- A demonstrable current track record in the area.
- Working as a full-time realtor with a full-time assistant, managing appointments/enquiries/administration etc.
- Aggressive seller/buyer identification and connection methods.
- Strong customer service ethic/communication/marketing skills.
- A strong online presence – quality website, daily social networking engagement etc.
- Ongoing commitment to continuing professional development – consistently honing selling skills and real estate industry knowledge.
We would strongly advise you to ensure that whatever realtor you select, he or she ticks all of the above boxes. This should hugely improve your chances of meeting your goals first time.
Please call us today and put us to this test.