Firstly we'd like to wish you a very happy July 4th and hope that you're enjoying the day.
We're certainly in a good mood here, not least because, now we're just past the half way mark in 2017, there's so much to celebrate.
Here are 10 reasons to be really cheerful:
- Buyer sentiment has rarely if ever been better!
- These are arguably the best seller's market conditions ever seen, with a shortage of homes being actively pursued by incredibly enthusiastic buyers.
- More and more first time buyers are coming onto the market, following the major resurgence last year, to the point that it's now reckoned that nearly half of all home buyers are first timers.
- We saw the average amount of time it takes to sell a home reduce to just over six weeks in May (45 days).
- Closed and pending sales are demonstrating tremendous year-on-year growth.
- There are good and consistent rises in both median and average home prices, meaning that buyers are almost immediately seeing their equity increase.
- More and more homes are attracting multiple offers, often in excess of the asking price of the property, with an average of 98.2% of list price being achieved in the Albuquerque area.
- It's a great time for property investors, especially considering the growing demand for apartments and recent press coverage suggesting that there's a lot of room for the market to grow in the region.
- A healthy economy and better job prospect and security, unquestionably helping to fuel a sense of urgency among buyers.
- No sign of any let up in the forseeable future.
We don't want to take too much of your time up on this great holiday, but we do hope that if you're considering selling or buying in the second half of 2017, there are some great reasons to carry on full steam ahead.
Enjoy the rest of your day and please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any real estate questions or would like to get the ball rolling on a home sale and/or purchase.